Call It Hate
Call It Hate
The project “Call It Hate: Raising Awareness of Anti-LGBT Hate Crime – CIH” aims to raise awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among the general public and within the LGBT communities, emphasize the need to report, and empower victims. As such, the project addresses a common need within the European Union to inform and empower targeted communities and prevent secondary victimization of victims of homophobic and transphobic hate crimes. Specific objectives of the project are designed to directly deliver against the above-evidenced needs and seek to:
– Measure awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among the general public;
– Identify the most effective campaign and outreach strategies;
– Raise awareness of anti-LGBT hate crime among general public;
– Improve access to justice, empower victims of anti-LGBT hate crime and encourage them to report;
– Share good practices in raising awareness and outreach to victims;
– Strengthen cross-border and multi-agency partnerships;
– Disseminate information about research results and other activities within the project.
– Quantitative and qualitative research;
– Preparation of reports and factsheets;
– Organization of international training;
– Organization of awareness raising campaigns and outreach activities;
– Organization of press conferences and final conference.
24 months (from January 2018 to December 2019)
The project is implemented in 10 European countries by a consortium of almost 50 partner organizations.
The project is funded by the “Rights, equality and citizenship” Programme of the European Union.